Thursday, September 3, 2009

What did you say?
Yes, it does smell good in here.
Why thank you, I worked very hard on it.

If there is one thing you should know about the Johnson's is that we love us some pig meat. It's cheap, not red meat and yummy! What else do you need in a meal? Pork really is the all around win-win situation.

So I know we just had pork tenderloin last night, but we are having.........wait for it.........Baby Back Ribs!
"I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back ribs" and what mama wants, mama gets. You are going to be so jealous when you see the finished product.

I went online to find a delicious recipe for ribs baked in the oven and I can across this website. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/index.html Ummm, if you need ANY recipe at all, please go to this website first and then and only then if you can't find what you are looking for then go elsewhere. It's done by the food network people...need I say more?

Anywhoozles, so I went to said website and got a wonderful oven BBQ rib recipe from the God of food himself, Emeril. (Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah) This was so easy to do and it tastes like you have been cooking it all day. Oh and if Robert ever asks that is what you will tell him.

Captains Log- September 3, 2009, Thursday

Pork Baby Back Ribs, Baked Potato and Boiled Okra
(pretty good choice of sides, huh? I know)

~ ok, get you some ribs and put them in a foil-lined 13x9 baking dish.

~ I cut the ribs in half to make it easier to manage and they fit in the dish better.



~ use whatever spices that you like. I really like the flavor of these new Grillin Rubs. so that's what I used.

~ smack it up, flip it, rub it down.....oh no! (gotta love the BBD reference)

~place in the oven at 325 until they are done. yes, you will be able to see when they are done.

~ about 10-15 mins before they are finished, this is the trick to cooking, start the side items.

~ the potatoes went in the micro-I'm too lazy to bake them-oven and the okra was frozen and was as easy as this: put okra in pan, boil, drain, season, eat.



~ the most wonderful ribs in the world were done in about an hour to an hour and a half.

~ pull out of oven, I find using pot holders are helpful here, cut up and plate it.

~ the potatoes may only be served with all of the fixins...Bacos, chives, lots of butter and sour cream.

~ the okra will be slimey no matter what you do to it. I mixed it with hot sauce, salt and pepper.

~ once you put it all together for a nice display this is what it better look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment